Rush Limbaugh

For a better experience,
download and use our app!

The Rush Limbaugh Show Main Menu

RUSH: Let’s get to the episode in the Comeytose book where he describes informing Trump of the Steele dossier and specifically the golden showers story where Trump had supposedly hired prostitutes to pee on a hotel room bed where Obama and Michelle (My Belle) had previously stayed. As I have said a couple times, this whole way Comey writes about this is… It blows my mind. But before I get into the specifics of it, I want to play for you one sound bite from our Grooveyard of Forgotten Sound Bites.

It’s January 12th, 2017. It happened to be my birthday, in fact, but that’s not why we’re playing it. This was before Trump was even inaugurated. I just want to give you another example of how, if you listen here, you will be on the cutting edge of societal evolution. This was a warning that I issued to Trump and to everybody who supported Trump. Listen…

RUSH ARCHIVE: I had never heard of ’em until yesterday, but apparently everybody on the left is intimately familiar with golden showers. I’m just telling you, all this fringe stuff they’re gonna use. They concoct ways to get it from the fringe into the mainstream, while sitting there telling us, “You birther people, you’re just a bunch of phonies. You can’t accept it, so you make up this birther stuff.” Big difference. Now Trump is paying hookers to pee on hotel beds. Trump does this; Trump does that. They can’t wait to use any and all of it. So why should they be shown respect? In any other avenue of life, if you’re working with somebody — if you’re Trump and you got a vendor, contractor working for you saying this stuff — he’s gone, right?

RUSH: Exactly. I was just trying to warn everybody that this particular element of the Trump dossier — for which there has never been verification, for which there has never been evidence, for which there has never been corroboration — lives on to this day, and its primary purpose was to dent Trump’s reputation. So now let us move forward to that area of the Comey book where he explains this. I have the New York Post version of this here, but there are others.

“President Trump wanted … James Comey to investigate the infamous pee-tape allegations to reassure First Lady Melania Trump that he hadn’t actually paid Russian hookers to urinate on a hotel bed, [Comey] claims in his new book. ‘[Trump] brought up what he called the “golden showers thing” … adding that it bothered him if there was “even a 1% chance” his wife, Melania, thought it was true,’ Comey writes… ‘He just rolled on, unprompted, explaining why it couldn’t possibly be true, ending by saying he was thinking of asking me to investigate the allegation to prove it was a lie. I said it was up to him.'”

Now, Comey thinks this is all odd.

Comey thinks this is strange; this is weird. “Comey says the conversation took place at a private dinner on Jan. 27, 2017, days after the publication of an intelligence dossier alleging the Kremlin had a tape of Trump in 2013 paying prostitutes to [pee] on a bed in a Moscow Ritz-Carlton suite once occupied by” Obama. Now, it had been published by BuzzFeed because the media couldn’t find any other way to get it in the public domain. Comey telling Trump about it is what made it mainstream news.

“Comey recalls privately wondering why Melania might think there was even a 1% chance the allegation was true, noting there was ‘zero chance’ his own wife would believe such a claim. ‘In what kind of marriage, to what kind of man, does a spouse conclude there is only a 99% chance her husband didn’t do that?’ Comey writes.” Wouldn’t this dinner, wouldn’t this have been a good time for Comey to mention — in his book — that he, in fact, had used the Steele dossier and this ludicrous story to get a FISA warrant?

I wouldn’t expect him to tell Trump that because Trump doesn’t know it here, but he’s the target of an investigation now, and this golden showers story is one of the elements of the dossier that was used to get a FISA warrant. So here’s Comey writing about this, saying he’s incredulous that Trump would ask him to shut it down because he doesn’t want his wife to think there could be any truth to it. Don’t you think it would have been wise, don’t you think it might have made sense for Comey to write in his book that this dossier and this ridiculous story had already been used to get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign?

Isn’t that what a loyal and honest person would have done? Come to think of it, an honest FBI director would have thoroughly investigated the veracity of this thing before telling the president about it. And Comey says that Trump asked him to look into it, and Comey said (impression): Mr. President, I’d be very, very, very worried about that. “It’s very difficult to prove something didn’t happen.” And then Comey harps on and on about (impression): I couldn’t imagine being married to somebody who would think there was even a 1% chance this could happen!

Well, Comey, you don’t wear Trump’s shoes and you don’t have tabloid media sniffing around everything you do making things up half the time. You haven’t lived Trump’s life. So you try to put yourself in Trump’s shoes, which you can’t wear. I don’t know. I don’t think Comey and a lot of people understand what it’s like to be a daily target of any media, be it tabloid, be it so-called mainstream media. I know Comey took his hits, but only after he supposedly made the Democrats mad on the Hillary stuff.

But I don’t find this odd at all. The book “describes Trump as fixated in the early days of his administration on having the FBI debunk salacious rumors he insisted were untrue but could distress his wife.” Wouldn’t…? Look, you’re sitting there; you’re president. Your FBI director comes in and tells you about this stupid dossier and it features the most ridiculous story you’ve ever heard. Wouldn’t you want it debunked? Wouldn’t you want your FBI director to think the whole thing was bunk?

Wouldn’t you be a little surprised that your own FBI director may be holding out some possibility that it’s true? I don’t find it strange that somebody would want that debunked. But you know what? This shows Trump’s prescience, because unbeknownst to Trump, Comey and the rest of Obama’s henchmen were using this ridiculous lie to get a FISA warrant to spy on his campaign. While Comey is supposedly only just briefing the president and showing him kind of (impression) “You know, this is why you need to do the daily brief with us, Mr. President.

“Because this is the kind of stuff that’s out there.” You talk about misleading and deception? Comey tells Trump about this, does not tell Trump that they’re investigating him, that it’s been used to get a FISA warrant to spy on his campaign. Instead, Trump thinks this guy is bringing him some information that they found out there that isn’t true, and Trump says (impression), “You gotta debunk that, man! That’s absolutely…” Trump thinks these people are on his team, meaning on the law-abiding team. I don’t find Trump’s reaction here odd at all.

I find Comey’s to be strange and deceptive and nitpicking in an attempt here to try to imply in his book that even Trump was acknowledging it might be true. Trump did no such thing! But Trump knew if this thing saw the light of day — which it had. (sigh) You know, I just don’t understand the way people think. And then Comey starts casting Trump as “a mob-like figure” who reminded him of a mob boss like Sammy “The Bull” Gravano! Are you kidding me? Donald Trump runs prostitution rings? Donald Trump runs numbers rackets?

Donald Trump heads up a loan-sharking operation? Donald Trump issues hit contracts on people? This is what we get from the august and austere James Comey, that Trump reminded him of an orange-faced mob boss? The book includes personal hits at Trump. He’s “shorter than … expected with a ‘too long’ tie and ‘bright white half-moons’ under his eyes that he suggests came from tanning goggles. He also says he made a conscious effort to check the president’s hand size, saying it was ‘smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so.'”

He said even investigated Trump’s hair, his “impressively coifed, bright blond hair, which upon close inspection looked to be all his.” Really? This is what people have waited for? This kind of utter revelation? Let’s go to the audio sound bites. We’re gonna start here with audio sound bite No. 4. This is Good Morning America today. They played a preview coming up on 20/20 on Sunday night. There’s a big prime time rollout for Comey here with George Stephanopoulos. “You asked to meet alone with President Trump to warn him about that now infamous Steele Dossier, unverified information on Trump’s ties to Russia including allegations of Trump’s encounters with [hookers] in Moscow.”

COMEY: I’m about to meet with a person who doesn’t know me, has just been elected president of the United States, by all accounts — and from my watching him during the campaign — could be volatile. And I’m about to talk to him about allegations that he was involved with prostitutes and Moscow and that the Russians taped it and have leverage over him.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you tell him that the Steele dossier had been financed by his political opponents?

COMEY: No. I don’t even think I used the term “Steele dossier.” I just talked about additional material.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But did he have a right to know that?

RUSH: Stop the tape!

COMEY: That —

RUSH: Stop it! Don’t you think that’s kind of relevant? What in the hell is the director of the FBI doing with a political opposition-research document from the Clinton campaign and trying to tell Trump it’s intel? What the hell is that if that’s not deceptive? Look, I know the police can lie to get a confession. I’m fully aware. The Supreme Court has given the police wide latitude to lie during interviews. But this is not an interview.

Comey is holding what he knows, folks, is a piece of BS that was commissioned by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democrat National Committee, that it was written by some out-of-work British spy, that the FBI had never corroborated it and had never verified it. They could not prove any of it. He knows he’s holding an opposition-research document, and he’s presenting it to the president instead as intelligence that might be true, that they have to track down and the president might want to know about it.

And when Comey is asked, “Did you tell the president that this dossier had been financed by his political opponents?” “Nah. No. I — I — I don’t think I… It didn’t occur to me.” It didn’t occur to you! It didn’t occur to you that it might be relevant that the thing could be totally made up because it was written, essentially, by Hillary Clinton’s henchmen? Now, listen to the whole bite again. I’m gonna go back to the top. Listen to the whole bite again and listen for Comey saying, “Nah, I don’t think I used the term ‘Steele dossier.’ I just talked about additional material.” He’s got an opposition-research document that he’s trying to pass off as the legitimately collected intel that the president needs to be worried about or informed of.

This is unreal to me.

COMEY: I’m about to meet with a person who doesn’t know me, has just been elected president of the United States, by all accounts — and from my watching him during the campaign — could be volatile. And I’m about to talk to him about allegations that he was involved with prostitutes and Moscow and that the Russians taped it and have leverage over him.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you tell him that the Steele dossier had been financed by his political opponents?

COMEY: No. I don’t even think I used the term “Steele dossier.” I just talked about additional material.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But did he have a right to know that?

COMEY: That it had been financed by his political opponents? I don’t know the answer to that. Uh, it wasn’t necessary for my goal, which was to alert him that we had this information.

RUSH: Do you understand…? I can barely keep my mouth closed on this. “But did he have a right to know that?” “That it had been financed by his opponents? I don’t know the answer to that.” You don’t know the answer to that? You don’t think it’s relevant that his political opponents had paid for this? “No, not really. It wasn’t necessary for my goal, which was to alert him we had this information.” It isn’t information! It’s opposition research. It’s a pack of lies that you tried to believe was real! This… (pause) I gotta stop. I got to. This is beyond what I can handle.


RUSH: Okay. So up next, Comey says that he was shocked that Trump was defensive, after being presented with this idea that he had hired prostitutes pee on a bed. Stephanopoulos: “How graphic did you get describing…?”

COMEY: I think as graphic as I needed to be. I started to tell him about the allegation was that he had been involved with prostitutes in a hotel in Moscow in 2013 during a visit to the Miss Universe pageant and that the Russians had, uh, filmed the episode. And he interrupted very defensively and started talking about it. You know, “Do I look like a guy who needs hookers?” And I assumed he was asking that rhetorically. I didn’t answer that. And I just moved on and — and explained, “Sir, I’m not saying that we credit this, not saying we believe it. We just thought it very important that you know.”

RUSH: What you mean, you thought he was defensive? You just ambushed a guy with a bunch of lies written by Hillary Clinton, which you knew it was! He’s continuing to my report this damn dossier even now, in this book and these interviews.


RUSH: Now, we have one more Comey bite from his interview with Stephanopoulos about the golden showers aspect of the Steele dossier. It’s sound bite number six. And after this we’ll get to your phones, I promise. Stephanopoulos’ question: “January 27th, a private dinner in the White House, President Trump raised the issue with you again about the dossier.”

COMEY: He says he may want me to investigate it to prove that it didn’t happen, and then he says something that distracted me, ’cause he said, “You know if there’s even a 1% chance my wife thinks that’s true that’s terrible.” And I remember thinking, how could your wife think there’s a 1% chance you were with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow? I’m a flawed human being, but there’s literally zero chance that my wife would think that was true. So, what kind of marriage to what kind of man does your wife think there’s only a 99% chance you didn’t do that?

STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you believe his denial?

COMEY: I honestly never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but I don’t know whether the current President of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013. It’s possible, but I don’t know.

RUSH: You see what I mean here, folks, how this is all just — he is not even technically — do you realize he is in violation of federal statute right now by publishing this book? This investigation’s still going on! Mueller is still looking into exactly all of this rotgut. And here’s the former FBI director not only reporting it, but opining and telling everybody what Trump’s supposed reaction to this news was.

It does not matter a hill of beans what Comey thinks of Trump’s reaction to the news! “Well, I don’t know, man, but I’ll tell you what, tell my wife that I hired a bunch of hookers to pee on each other in Moscow, and she wouldn’t believe it. The fact that Trump’s wife might, oh, my God. What does that say about the marriage of the president the United States?” It’s none of your damn business! Especially when you follow up and you don’t know that it happened or not. You don’t know that it happened.

Let me tell you something. Part and parcel of this story is the Russians have video of it. And I’m here to tell you if this were true, it wouldn’t have been a year and a half that has gone by and you people are still speculating about it. If this were true you’d have found out because I’ll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that everybody in the FBI, the CIA, the DIA, the GRU, the KGB, MI5, MI6 has been trying to run this down and prove it for a year and a half, ’cause if they can prove this, it’s bye-bye Trumpster.

This element, this one thing, the Moscow peeing story, prostitutes on the bed, ’cause it’s Obama’s bed, if they could have found the proof of this, it would have been over long ago. They can’t find any evidence because it didn’t happen, and yet Comey still says, “I can’t say for sure that the president of the United States, I can’t say, it’s possible that he did. I just don’t know.” Man, oh, man.

And over there on the Hillary campaign we have everything that you’re looking for in the Trump campaign. And you’re ignoring every bit of it, as far as this investigation is concerned. And he doesn’t understand why Trump is defensive when he’s told about this twice? Trump at the time doesn’t even know that this is being used to get a FISA warrant to spy on him.

He thinks Comey is genuinely trying to help him here! Trying to advise him that he needs to do the daily intelligence brief. Trump had said he didn’t need that. These guys said, “You need to meet with us, Mr. President.” This dossier was one of the things they showed Trump is the reason why he should meet with ’em, ’cause they told him this kind of salacious stuff’s out there all the time. You need to know about it.

That’s BS. They wanted this to happen so that they could get this in mainstream news and have it talked about every day as a substantive, legitimate story, when it’s a manufactured, made up nothing burger.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This